Omm product update | October 2021
What have the Omm contributors accomplished, and what are they working on next? Going forward, we’ll share a roadmap update with the community each month, so the answers to those questions are never far from reach.
In September, we:
- Designed, built, and released the Omm governance functionality (check it out the Vote page or preview the changes in the Omm demo)
- Designed and released the Omm governance forum
- Added the ability to cancel OMM unstaking requests
- Reconfigured the airdrop so eligible sICX/ICX liquidity providers could claim it
- Fixed some minor front-end glitches
- Updated the OMM description on Coinmarketcap
We also researched and submitted an ICE airdrop preparation proposal on the forum, which consists of 3 main actions:
- Remove the OMM rewards for the sICX borrow market
- Deactivate the sICX borrow market
- Increase the sICX borrow interest to a fixed rate of 120%
We released the Omm forum last week, so the community now has a dedicated place for governance discussions. This was an important step, as with ICON’s ICE airdrop pending and the snapshot date unknown, OMM holders need to decide how to handle the sICX borrow market.
We published the rest of the governance functionality this week, so it’s now possible for OMM holders to submit and vote on proposals. The proposed changes for the ICE airdrop will go to a vote in around 24 hours (early morning on October 9, UTC)— make sure your OMM is staked in advance, or you won’t be able to vote.
Omm in the media
And Hashoshi published a video about Omm, courtesy of an ICON grant: ICON ICX + Omm delivers true user-friendly DeFi for the masses!.